- Built to Last. You’ll enjoy years of heavy-duty use with all-steel construction.
- Night Vision. Your visibility will never be clearer with the LED headlight.
- Power Up. Optimal performance and years of dependable use with the 252cc Toro premium 4-cycle OHV engine.
- Triggerless Steering. No triggers to pull or levers to break! A simpler way to effortlessly steer. Turn the machine and the wheel intelligently disengages to assist you through the turn.
- Self-Propelled. Quickly and easily cut through snow with total speed control, 6 speeds forward and 2 speeds reverse.
- Chute Control. Quickly change the chute and deflector direction with a single, smooth motion thanks to the Quick Stick® chute control.
- Stay the Course. Minimizes clogging and routes heavy snow away from chute and back into the auger with Toro’s patented Anti-Clogging System.
- Don’t Stop! No shear pins needed so none to break and replace in the cold with Toro’s hardened gears and commercial-grade auger gearbox.
- The Right Fit For You. Ideal for larger driveways that can hold 6-12 parked cars and 8″-14″ of snow.
- We’ve Got You Covered. Toro stands behind this product with a 3-year limited warranty (residential only) and 1-year commercial warranty.
- Easy Start. Simply push the button and you’re ready to snow blow with electric start.
- Tested and Trusted. Choose with confidence, knowing millions of people worldwide count on Toro® snow blowers.
- For best starting results use non-ethanol fuel with an octane rating of 87 or higher; use fresh fuel less than 30 days old, add fuel stabilizer to reduce starting problems; do not mix oil with gas.
- †Based on average Traqline unit share for snow blower market from 2013 ??March 2020.
Toro Power Max HD 828 OAE 28 in. 252 cc Two-Stage Gas Snow Blower with Electric Start, Triggerless Steering and Headlight-38838
Free Return On 30 Days
SKU: 20201118117 Category: Gas Snow Blower
Whatever winter throws at you, throw it right back, up to 45 feet, with our Power Max® 828 OAE 28??all-star snow hurler. This 252cc Toro® Premium 4-cycle OHV, electric start engine will clear your way 28 inches wide and 21 inches deep. Stick it to winter with our innovative Quick Stick® control, allowing you rapid and simple one-handed manipulation of the steel chute direction and chute deflector. Steer yourself right (and left) with self propelled triggerless steering for fluid, tight turning—no triggers or levers required. Our exclusive Anti-Clogging System meters snow intake to reduce clogs and optimize clearing performance with no shear pins in sight. Instead, when our heavy-duty auger rolls into something hard, the engine purposely stalls to avoid damage. The sensational snow stats continue with Toro's commercial-grade gearbox, heavy-duty handle, steel chute, 16??tires, LED light, plus a 3-year limited warranty. Go undefeated against winter.
Assembled Depth (in.)
Assembled Height (in.)
Assembled Width (in.)
Auger Diameter (in.)
Clearing Width (In.)
Ideal Snow Depth (In.)
Impeller Diameter (in.)
Intake Height (in.)
Tire Height (in.)
Tire Width (in.)
CA (CARB) Compliant
Chute Turning Radius (Degrees)
Clearing Surface Type
Engine Displacement (cc)
Engine Torque (ft.-lb.)
Chute Control,Handle Control Interlock,Headlight,Self-Propelled,Steel Chute
Fuel Tank Capacity (gallons)
Maximum Throwing Distance (ft.)
Number of Forward Speeds
Number of Reverse Speeds
Oil Capacity (oz.)
Plowing Capacity (lbs/min)
Product Weight (lb.)
Recommended Oil Type
Snow Equipment Product Type
Two Stage Gas Snow Blower
Two-Stage Snow Blower
Type of Snow
Certifications and Listings
No Certifications or Listings